A lot has been changed in Droppy V2, that's why this guide will explain you how to upgrade your existing Droppy V1.x installation to Droppy V2. It's very important to read everything carefully, the change from V1 to V2 isn't quite easy.
A few things to note before upgrading to V2:
- Are you using local storage or FTP storage and are your uploads encrypted ? Then it won't be possible to transfer over your uploads to V2. V2 uses a new encrypted algorithm that won't be able to decrypt your existing files. A good practice would be to disable your encryption and wait until your last encrypted upload expires. More info about the new encryption in V2 can be found over here
- The hashing algorithm for passwords has been changed in V2, this means that you aren't able to login with your existing account (admin or user), the update guide below walks you through the process of creating a new user.
- The uploads/tmp/ directory has been renamed to uploads/temp/ make sure the new temp directory exists after the update.
- The blocked file types list has been changed to extension names, so you'll no longer have to use the MIME types of files, just write down a comma separated list of extensions. E.g: php,exe,bmp
- After updating you'll need to delete all your backgrounds and re-upload them.
- Your cron needs to re-configured, you'll now need to request the url http://yourdomain.com/cron every 5-30 minutes, more info can be found in the documentation. Something like this should work:
- Update your Droppy V1 installation to the latest version available, your update page in the admin panel should say that you're using version 1.4.6
- Then make sure to backup everything like databases, uploads and your entire web root.
- Download the latest version from Codecanyon and unzip the download zip file.
- Open the Files folder and go to
application/config/database.phpand fill in your database details.
- Delete everything from your Droppy folder on your server EXCEPT the
- Now move all the files and folders from the Files/ folder to your web server (The location where your old uploads/ directory is located).
- Make sure that there's a new directory called "temp" inside the uploads/ directory. Create one manually if the directory doesn't exist.
- Go to http://yourdomain.com/install and follow the instructions on the screen, this process will update your database and also let's your create a new admin account.
- That's it, you're now upgraded to Droppy V2, you will be able to install future updates with one click using the System page in your admin panel.
- Make sure to change your paths like the logo path and favicon path, the files have been moved to the assets/ directory.
What about my plugins ?
You aren't able to transfer the original plugin files over to V2, you'll have to download the latest update from Codecanyon and follow the installation guide again.
If you've any questions then please feel free to create a ticket.
Article is closed for comments.